Thursday, May 20, 2010

You Said You Would Never Leave Me

There's nothing admirable about self-destruction; it seems like we all try to out-bottom each other but what satisifaction does one get when they're suffering more than another? Instead of working towards happiness we sit and wallow in our sadness. Sometimes suffering and pain is easier to accept. Sometimes its easier to feel because we may not necessarily believe we deserve happiness. But it's really not; maybe the journey of breaking free from the comforatble agony is difficult but the results afterwards are beneficial. I've learned that positive feelings are actually harder to feel than the negative ones; at least for me and anyone else who engage in self-destructive behavior.
I feel that pain is only an obstacle in the pathway towards ultimate bliss. Through every monotonous, difficult expierence, there is a always a reward at the end of the road. And sometimes people are so distracted with their misery, they fail to see the shiny wrapping paper on their dirt road. They don't see the growth; they don't see the blossoming daisies and green pastures everytime they do something difficult. Only death and bare dirt. Sometimes people find pride and accomplishment in their agony. Maybe some cannot ever reconize what happiness is or they don't have the tools to take a step towards it. It's a choice to suffer. Everybody feels pain but you don't have to live with it forever, it can be temporary or it can be eternal.

{.}

{.}

{.}

{.}

{.}

{.}

1 comment:

Thelma said...

human nature is really a strange thing. Misery loves company.
I understand what you're saying, it is too easy to just be miserable. I have learned to do something about what I am not happy with. Whatever it may be. You have a choice, to continue to wallow in sadness or transform into something beautiful. I've always felt I've had to work so hard for everything I have but hard work builds character and I learned so much on my journey.