I think these are by far the best cupcakes I've ever made in my life. Chocolate cupcakes with buttercream icing, faux spagetti, jelly sauce, and cookie meatballs! They were so fun to make!
An msn Delish recipe
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) cold water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
2. In a small bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, with electric mixer on medium speed, beat sugar, mayonnaise, and vanilla extract until combined. Beat in flour mixture in thirds, alternating with water, until blended. Beat 1 minute, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
4. Bake 22 to 24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in cupcakes comes out clean. Let cool in pan 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely. Top with frosting.
William Sonoma Quick Buttercream Frosting
I forgot milk was supposed to be added but I actually like it better without it!
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 8 Tbs. (1 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Food colorings (optional)
Have all the ingredients at room temperature.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the flat beater, combine the confectioners¿ sugar, butter, the 4 1/2 Tbs. milk, the vanilla and salt and beat on low speed until combined, about 1 minute. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Increase the speed to medium and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
If the frosting is dry, add more milk, 1 tsp. at a time, until it is creamy but still holds peaks. Tint with food coloring as desired. Makes about 4 cups.
And here's the recipe for the spagetti and meatballs:
For one cupcake
- 1 cupcake (any flavor, homemade or store-bought
- 1/4 cup(s) white frostin
- Yellow food coloring
- 1 tablespoon(s) strawberry jam
- 3 malted milk balls (since I didn't have any I used leftover sugar cookie dough, dyed it brown, and made little balls and cooked them for ten minutes)
- 1 ounce(s) white chocolate
1. Spread a thin layer of white frosting over cupcake. Tint remaining frosting pale yellow with food coloring and spoon into a resealable plastic bag. Snip off corner of bag (or a piping bag thingy) and pipe squiggly lines onto cupcake to resemble spaghetti.
2. Warm strawberry jam in microwave for a few seconds, until liquefied. Drizzle cupcakes with warm strawberry jam for sauce; arrange 2 or 3 malted-milk balls on top to look like meatballs. (or the cookies!)
3. Grate some white chocolate over cupcakes for a faux Parmesan garnish.