For Mothers Day I made a pink lemonade cake!
I really need to learn how to use fondant -___-
*a wilton recipe
• 2 cups granulated sugar
• 2 cups (4 sticks) unsalted butter room temperature
• 6 eggs
• 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
• 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon lemon extract
• 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 2 teaspoons lemon zest
Makes approximately 7 cups of batter
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray pan with vegetable pan spray. Cream sugar and butter in mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and lemon flavor, mix until smooth. Add flour and baking powder, mix 30 seconds; add lemon zest and mix 1 minute more. Place batter in prepared pan. Bake 50-55 minutes (okay I dont know why it says that but I only needed to bake it for like 20 minutes) or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on cooling rack. Loosen sides; remove from pan and cool completely before serving
And for the frosting I used William Sonomas Quick Buttercream Frosting and colored it light pink!
- 6 cups confectioners’ sugar (I usually only use 4-5 cups)
- 16 Tbs. (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 4 1/2 Tbs. milk, plus more, if needed
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Food colorings (optional)Have all the ingredients at room temperature.In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the flat beater, combine the confectioners¿ sugar, butter, the 4 1/2 Tbs. milk, the vanilla and salt and beat on low speed until combined, about 1 minute. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Increase the speed to medium and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.If the frosting is dry, add more milk, 1 tsp. at a time, until it is creamy but still holds peaks. Tint with food coloring as desired. Makes about 4 cups.
Nom nom nom.
Also I got to see my friend from treatment yesterday! She was a friend before hand and we ended up at the same treatment center. Isn't that insane? It was wonderful seeing her again. :DOutfit post!
Um everything from Forever 21 haha. The skirt is actually a dress, I just put a crop top over it.
ANDDDDDDDD .. this is my kind of snack :D
Yogurt, granola, sprinkles, and apples! Mwahhaha ..