Monday, May 31, 2010
I want you to ask me to run away with you; to the universe. We'll make a spaceship and blast of to space. And we'll dance on the moon and kiss the stars. We can sleep forever because it's always dark and we'll never have to wake up from this dream. We don't have to exist.
I don't want to feel anymore. I wish I could tell you. I wish I could tell you everything. Maybe I hope for too much, but I can't help but want the whole world. And if I never did, then would it never have the chance to come true? I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm delirious, insane, out of my mind for thinking you'd ever want a girl like me. I still can't accept your kindness; I don't understand it nor do I think I deserve it.
You're everything he wasn't, you're everything I need. But I'm frightened. I fear I will harm you and hurt you. I don't want to. It's my nature, it's my defense. Keeping you at a distance, out of reach from the strings of my soul, disabling you from ever strumming them, is the safest way to go. But whoever said love wasn't a rollercoaster? We're not strapped in baby.
Maybe I should stop. But I don't know how.
If I can't feel, I'm not mine, I'm not real.
Sunday, May 30, 2010
The task is: fill in 12 likes, 1 love and 8 hates like Cassie in her therapy video (from Skins).
Below, the bolded things are what you MUST include. Also, please make sure you link it back to me, and link it onto 3 other blogs you admire!
I was tagged by quitecheeky.
I like boys who can put up with me and girls with their own sense of style.
I like how nobody else is like me.
I like magic.
I like bows.
I like control.
I like my dreams and I wish there was a way to watch them again.
I like dresses and skirts.
I like my uncensored bluntness.
I like black stockings.
I like organization and neatness.
I like my friends; they're my reason for existance.
I like him.
I like yogurt.
I love the universe and the ocean.
Today is sunday.
In some ways, I love everything.
Its less, its less of a thing to like, its less distinct, its less particular
I like things that I like but I love everything
There’s more choice in like
Cos even the worst things have things you love in them
I don’t know what you mean about things I hate
I hate being human.
I hate feeling.
I hate the sound of people eating or the snapping of gum.
I hate some of things I did and said when I was sick.
I hate the disney channel.
I hate VINCE VAUGHN.
I hate how I think I don't deserve anything.
I hate the typical.
I hate PLAID. God it's awful!
I hate this, wow...
Oh I just love the colors red, white, and blue together! I just love holidays. They're my biggest excuse to make sweets! Nom nom nom. Since I'm spending the holiday with my dad's side of the family, I decided to make an extra batch just for my mom and step-dad .. For the cupcakes and frosting, I used the recipes here.
All I did was divide the batter, dyed it red, white, and blue, and put it on one after the other. Same goes for the frosting.
Mmm dinner ..
JUST KIDDING. They're cupcakes! What's more perfect then a delicious barbeque on memorial day? Ahem, hamburgers of course. But these taste like sugary sweetness..
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix on low speed until combined. Add butter, mixing until just coated with flour.
2. In a large glass measuring cup, whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla. With mixer on medium speed, add wet ingredients in 3 parts, scraping down sides of bowl before each addition; beat until ingredients are incorporated but do not overbeat.
3. Divide batter evenly among liners, filling about 2/3 full. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 17 to 20 minutes.
And then I made some brownies (from the box to save time! I hate using already prepared mixes but in order to conserve the little time I had this weekend, I had no choice ..) and use a two-inch circle cookie cutter .
And make a batch of William Sonoma Buttercream Icing from, recipe here. You don't need that much so I cut it in half. Divide the frosting in three bowls and dye it red, yellow, and green. Use the smallest size to pipe the ketchup and mustard ..
And use the tip for making the rose thingies for the lettuce. Yeah I don't know what sizes they're called, I wanted to sound like I know what I'm talking about but I really don't.
And lastly, make french fries out of sugar cookies and drench them in sugar! And viola! On nom ..
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
When you were younger did you ever dream about your dream house? How it would look? Where it would be? I do. All the time in fact. But I have so many different ideas it's hard to pick just one! In a world where money didn't exist then perhaps I could have it all. Ah but alas, that's not reality. For now I should just be satisified with that fact I've been given the opportunity to remodel my room and I literally have no idea what I want to do with it. Well I kind of do, I was thinking of repainting my walls green or yellow but I can't decide .. there's so many things I could do! Ah!
I know I'm remodeling just my room, but I'm so smitted with bathrooms and those old-fashioned bathtubs .. perhaps it's time to pay a visit to Bathroom Vanities ..
Sometimes I feel like I'm growing up to fast. I'm always progressing and moving forward but does it ever stop? Not to invalidate my expierences or decisions but I feel I need to slow down and actually take a look around me. There's so much more beauty behind everything and anything once you actually pay attention to it. I need to live in the now. Now is what is most important, not the future nor the past.
Monday, May 24, 2010
I think these are by far the best cupcakes I've ever made in my life. Chocolate cupcakes with buttercream icing, faux spagetti, jelly sauce, and cookie meatballs! They were so fun to make!
An msn Delish recipe
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) cold water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
2. In a small bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, with electric mixer on medium speed, beat sugar, mayonnaise, and vanilla extract until combined. Beat in flour mixture in thirds, alternating with water, until blended. Beat 1 minute, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
4. Bake 22 to 24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in cupcakes comes out clean. Let cool in pan 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely. Top with frosting.
William Sonoma Quick Buttercream Frosting
I forgot milk was supposed to be added but I actually like it better without it!
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 8 Tbs. (1 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Food colorings (optional)
Have all the ingredients at room temperature.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the flat beater, combine the confectioners¿ sugar, butter, the 4 1/2 Tbs. milk, the vanilla and salt and beat on low speed until combined, about 1 minute. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Increase the speed to medium and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
If the frosting is dry, add more milk, 1 tsp. at a time, until it is creamy but still holds peaks. Tint with food coloring as desired. Makes about 4 cups.
And here's the recipe for the spagetti and meatballs:
For one cupcake
- 1 cupcake (any flavor, homemade or store-bought
- 1/4 cup(s) white frostin
- Yellow food coloring
- 1 tablespoon(s) strawberry jam
- 3 malted milk balls (since I didn't have any I used leftover sugar cookie dough, dyed it brown, and made little balls and cooked them for ten minutes)
- 1 ounce(s) white chocolate
1. Spread a thin layer of white frosting over cupcake. Tint remaining frosting pale yellow with food coloring and spoon into a resealable plastic bag. Snip off corner of bag (or a piping bag thingy) and pipe squiggly lines onto cupcake to resemble spaghetti.
2. Warm strawberry jam in microwave for a few seconds, until liquefied. Drizzle cupcakes with warm strawberry jam for sauce; arrange 2 or 3 malted-milk balls on top to look like meatballs. (or the cookies!)
3. Grate some white chocolate over cupcakes for a faux Parmesan garnish.