Thursday, March 10, 2011

Melodies

I just want to clarify that my poems are usually a result of my often fluctuating passions and are merely fleeting ideas and thoughts. Think of them as dramatic rambling instead of a reflection of how I really feel and perceive the world.

I often fabricate scenarios in my head
Until my conscious is encumbered 
With fantasies that preoccupy my mind while I lie in bed, 
and often render me from slumber

I can not pinpoint where I acquired this mentality
Perhaps my ancestors did it as well
All I know is that my dreams are much better than reality,
And that I’m quite content just to dwell 

Possible lovers and friends elude my perception 
Instead I resort to amusing delusions
My imaginary friends are the only exception
Real affection is merely an illusion

For love is not real 
Except in our sub-conscious dreams 
It is not an emotion or something you feel
But instead a deceitful scheme

That lures you in, and for a minuscule interval of time,
You almost believe it exists

Prix de Diane
Sous le ciel de Paris
000007
Venice

Click on the photo to be directed to it's original source.

14 comments:

Noone said...

Beautiful poem, I especially like the beginning stanzas.

But I'm glad you clarified that the poems don't reflect your actual feelings; how sad, to believe it's impossible to be truly loved?

Keep up the great work!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous poem! I don't think most people would assume that your poems reflect your own feelings- they are art. I don't take photographs of what is inside me, necessarily. Often they are of what's going on around me! I think all art can be the same way. I like the photo compilation at the end of the post as well, excellently done. As always, love your blog :)

~Emily
http://travelandtoile.blogspot.com

Natalie Suarez said...

WOW! beautiful images! love it :)

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

Haylee said...

Absolutely incredible pictures, especially the second one. I swear the US has such dull architecture compared to the rest of the world. I especially noticed this when I was in Australia, all the buildings were incredible! Then I came back home and everything was just.. blah. Of course I live in Utah so that may be the problem. :)

I'm a senior actually, but I'm thinking I won't apply to FIDM for a couple of years and first get my generals out of the way at a local university, then transfer. So that's why we could possibly go to school together. :)

Aria said...

Love the poems and the pictures!
Just beautiful!

Unknown said...

beautiful photos! the colours are just lovely :)

Katarzyna Maria said...

Your beautiful poem suits these photos so well. I love it! And I'am also in love with photos from Venice.

Ellinor Forje said...

Beautiful header and I love the photos that follow too, thanks for sharing and drop by me too, soon.

Cheers.

Marnie said...

Your words and these pictures create the perfect combination x

Veronica said...

Nice blog!Really!:)
Follow me? I'd be very happy if you do it!
Thank you so much!
www.cipollainspiration.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem ! I love the photos, especially the last one.

A said...

lovely! :)

Ruby Red said...

I love your poetry!

I've been meaning to post some more of my poetry on blog as well but I keep forgetting.

Febriani Djunaedi said...

lovely pictures :)
i have follow your blog
http://cherrylemonadee.blogspot.com/